Having trouble with your screen?
First, please try turning everything off and on at the wall as this fixes 90% of issues.
If you are still having issues, please contact Mat on 07469 920470 (call/text/whatsapp) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and he can help you get things working again.
Or, if you are feeling experimental, please try our automated chatbot which we’re building to handle tech issues here:
Failing that, please try following this troubleshooting guide:
- Check the Power: Confirm that both the screen and the Fire Stick are connected to power and switched on. They might be plugged directly into the wall or into an extension lead. If connected to a digital timer socket, ensure the red LED light is on. If not, remove the timer socket and plug the extension lead or power cables directly into the wall.
- Turn on the Power and Observe: After switching on the power, you should see a FireTV logo, the FireTV home screen, and then your ads should start playing. If not, proceed to the next steps.
- Powering on the Screen: If you didn’t see the FireTV start up logo and the screen stays black, try pressing the circular button on the back of the screen. If a menu appears, flick the button up and check the HDMI source is correct and matches the one the stick is plugged in to.
- Check the Fire Stick Connection: Make sure the Fire Stick is securely inserted into one of the HDMI ports on the screen and its power cable is securely connected.
- Check the internet connection: With the screen on, press ‘HOME’ on the remote, if you see banner adverts for TV shows and films etc. then you are connected to the internet (if this is the case turn everything off and on at the wall and leave it alone for a few minutes to see if the app relaunches). If yo uare not connected to the internet it should show an option on the screen saying “NETWORK CONNECTION” or something similar, click this option using the remote and connect to your WiFi. When you are done please turn everything off/on at the wall and leave it for a few minutes to see if the app that we use auto-launches.
- Starting the Ads: The CMS Signage app should automatically start displaying your ads when the Fire Stick is turned on and connected to the internet. If it’s not, turn everything off and on at the wall to give it a ‘nudge’ (tech term!).
- Final Step: After following all these steps, contact us to confirm. We will check everything from our end to ensure that we’re connected and ready to update your ads whenever you like.
Of course, at any point you can give Mat a call on 07469 920470. We’re proud of the fact we haven’t come across an issue we can’t fix over the phone, and we’ve been running these screens for some four years now, so be confident that we can get your screen up and running easily.